Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Face Shop x Kakao Friends Character Mask Sheet Review

Hello there,

I'm back with a very exciting product review. .

 The Face Shop x Kakao Friends Character Mask 



Skin Resting Mask: Formula without 5 additives: Paraben, Talc, Mineral Oil, Polyacryiamide, Paraffin)

Frodo Character Mask: (MoisturizingOlive extract), personal experience: This was the first mask that I've used from this promotional set and I was pleasantly surprised!



Ingredients

I had been hoping it wasn't going to be anything like their "Real Nature" mask sheets which are usually found $2 USD. Those leave a bit too sticky of a finishing which leaves my skin very uncomfortable, as well that it definitely feels the moisturize is only reaching the outer layer of my skin. 

With the Kakao mask sheets, I do highly recommend them as (most) the mask sheet penetrates the inside of the skin, not just the outer. Personally, it feels like the moisturizing effect is very powerful but not overwhelming, as well that it's moisturizing from within. 

I wasn't expecting too much from an Olive extract mask sheet, although this very much was a complete shock. The claims are solid, my face felt an immediate burst of moisture, as well I saw the few fine lines on my forehead diminish a bit. 

Tube Character Mask: (Brightening, Clear Complexion, Niacinamide & Cotton Seed extract)

The 2nd mask of this collaboration series that I've tried and truthfully, I was fond of it just a bit more than the Frodo Character mask sheet. It was very hydrating just like the Frodo mask, not too much of a sticky residue, as well that the moisturize absorbed into my skin. There was a light, refreshing fragrance and the product did manage to brighten my face quite a bit the following day! I also really like the appearance of the mask itself, definitely a new approach to skincare to pamper your skin and shock your relatives, haha. 



Ingredients



Apeach Character Mask: (Hydrating, Hyaluronic Acid):



 Ingredients

Honestly, I personally use the app and Apeach is my absolute favorite, although I was a bit disappointed to see the mask was just labeled as just hydrating. The 'key' ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid which is rather underwhelming, I haven't found any use for it besides over moisturizing my skin the past. I really enjoy the design of the mask, although of all the masks, I likely wouldn't repurchase the Apeach mask because there wasn't any dramatic change in my skin after the use. To clarify, this mask sheet will just be moisturizing your skin, nothing else for the most part. 

Another thing that I wasn't too fond of was because it was so heavily moisturizing, it did leave a sticky residue for a bit and didn't seem to quickly sink into the inside of my skin.  

Fun fact: Apeach doesn't have a gender, as confirmed by KakaoTalk. Only Frodo (boy) and Neo (female) who are together. . Ryan (new character) I would safely assume is a boy.


Neo Character Mask: (Resilience, Wrinkle Care, Anti-inflammatory from Adenosine, Blueberry extract) 

Ingredients


I'm not going to lie, when I wore this mask, I actually fell asleep with it and woke up with it completely dry, lol. . 

When I woke up, like most of the other masks in this collaboration series, I felt the moisture soaked inside of my skin and not just the outside. The scent wasn't too strong which was pleasant, my skin actually felt much more tight and polished. 

Muzi Character Mask: (Soothing, Moisturizing, Apple extract) 



Ingredients

The Muzi character mask was the last one I used, I can say wholeheartedly that I was pleasantly surprised! The amount of moisture wasn't overbearing, which in all honesty would be contradicting of the "soothing" claim, since often over-moisturizing can lead to breakouts or clogged pores. It didn't take more than a minute for the "soothing" effect to take place, I definitely did feel my skin felt a lot more calm and appeared less irritated (less redness in problem areas, specifically post acne marks)

I'm also a fan of the refreshing scent, certainly worked well to relax my body and ease my skin. The apple extract which is the main ingredient managed to do wonders for my skin, although truthfully, I was initially a bit overwhelmed by apple being the ingredient. I just wasn't convinced it would do much for my skin, man. . was I wrong.

I've personally enjoyed using all the masks and shocking peers and family members, though at $5 USD at my local TFS for one . . I do find these mask sheets quite a bit expensive.

My personal favorites of this series in order would be. .

1. Muzi (Soothing, Apple)
2. Tube (Brightening, Cotton Seed & Niacinamide)
3. Neo (Resilience, blueberry + adenosine)
4. Frodo (Moisturizing, Olive)
5. Apeach (sorry, though I love you Apeach, hyaluronic acid is very underwhelming. . wish it had been peach extract.)

Try all five masks out today! They're considerably cheaper on eBay and according to The Face Shop Korea's website. . In korea, these masks are currently no more than about $2.50 USD.

Note: The Face Shop in Korea has released the collaboration series part 2! There is additional character mask sheet, featuring the newest member of the Kakao Talk family, Ryan!

Though my store hasn't received items from the 1st part of the collaboration, we have not been disclosed with anyone information for the 2nd part of the series.

I have seen pictures of the mask sheet online and though I would really like to wear one, it's labeled as a "Moisturizing" mask which is a bit of a letdown. As I stated above in this blog entry, in retrospect, every mask sheet offers moisture. . Though, some other character masks have specific ingredients for targeting certain skin care concerns other than dryness.

A friend of mine is currently in Korea and managed to actually grab me a product from the 2nd collaboration series!

Below is a photo of Ryan for those who aren't aware of who he is, as well all the Kakao Character Mask sheets available at this point, though for the time being. . Ryan is only available in Korea.

If you would like to read (as well see photos) of the entire The Face Shop x Kakao Part 2 series, click here
Social media:

Main blog: click here.
Facebook: @thetaohyun
YouTube: @taohyun
Instagram: @taohyun
Twitter: @thetaohyun

Everyone, thank you for the continued support of both my blogs and social media platforms. I am currently working on over 15+ new (Yes, Korean brand) product reviews that will be coming very soon!


For the next fifteen-twenty days in a row, I will be posting a new blog entry everyday! In the meantime, if you haven't already, you're more than welcome to read my previous product review blog entries!

I have been working very, very hard and working my absolute hardest to bringing all my visitors new content and nothing but the best product reviews.

Thank you, enjoy the remainder of your day/night.

Photo Credit/Source: The Face Shop Korea 

No comments:

Post a Comment